Information We Collect
Protecting your privacy when handling your personal information is very important to us and is fundamental to the way we serve you. In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered for information or make a purchase.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
- Shipping – When we ship a parcel to you we will capture the details of the parcel including shipping activities (for tracking purposes), the weight and dimensions of the parcel, and the sender and receiver details. This information allows us to route the package and to respond to queries from both the sender and the receiver.
- Online Shop – When you register for an account us, we collect basic contact details (name, address, phone, email) to simplify the checkout process for you and to allow you to sign-up to receiving related promotional and advertising offers.
How we Comply
We take your privacy and confidentiality seriously, therefore we abide by and follow the current guidelines and acts handed down by our law enforcement:
- Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988
- Australian Direct Marketing Association (ADMA) Code of Practice in relation to how we market to our customers
- Spam Act 2003 in relation to electronic marketing
- Do Not Call Register Act 2006 where we engage in telemarketing
- Telecommunications Industry Standard 2007 (PDF) where we engage in telemarketing.
Should there be any inconsistency between this policy, the Privacy Act and other Acts mentioned above, this policy shall be interpreted to give effect to and comply with the legislation.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser.
Similarly to the above, we may collect information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
When you access our web site, we send you a temporary cookie that gives you a unique identification number (called a session cookie). A different identification number is sent each time you use our website. Cookies do not identify individual users, although they do identify a user’s internet browser type. When you close your browser the cookie is deleted and no longer exists on your computer.
We use session cookies in the following manner:
Log-on and log-off administration – Session cookies help with the log-on and log-off processes for those users who have decided to register to use one of our online services. The cookies enable us to recognise your user ID when you log on so that we do not establish a duplicate registration record for you.
Transactions and site usability – We use session cookies to improve how you navigate through our website and conduct transactions. As examples, session cookies are used to maintain your online session as you browse over several pages; to store and pre-populate information so that you do not have to re-enter the same information twice. Session cookies may also be used to collect referral statistics when you click on a link or ad banner to or from buyabargain.com.au.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website or take full advantage of all of our website features.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Further, we may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented at the time your information was collected.
If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for. If you do not want us to use your data for our or third parties you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
Storing Your Personal Data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Information Exchanges and Transactions
We use the industry standard encryption software, Secured Socket Layer (SSL) technology, 128 bit encryption. It is implemented throughout our application systems and networks. The URL in your browser will turn green in colour and change to “HTTPS” instead of “HTTP” when this security feature is invoked. Your browser will also display a lock symbol to indicate this secure transmission is in place.
Information exchanges and transactions, including authentication, reporting, passwords and billing related data between customers and Buy A Bargain Pty Ltd application systems are strictly protected using this SSL technology.
This ensures that customer’s session is completely private and secure from both external systems and other customers using Buy A Bargain Pty Ltd. We use eWay.com.au as our secure payment gateway and payment processor. Payments from this site are processed through eWay.com.au or when selected, PayPal will act as the secure payment gateway, on your behalf.
Credit Card Information
When credit card payment is chosen, information is then transferred to Buy A Bargain Pty Ltd‘s payment processing partners using industry-leading, secure transmission technology, including SSL – the transmission standard used for transactions by major financial institutions.
The Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 1042